I’ve been working on and off on Silverleaf all month. Friday I finally got at it and finished up the last 40 or so rows and made the bind off. I haphazardly blocked it before picking up the kids from school. I waited to sew in the ends until last night and I’m glad to have a shawl in a summery yarn, Cascade Sunseeker- a cotton yarn with a single shimmery tinsel ply.
I’ve gotten to the point where I’m preferential with my weaving in ends after blocking as opposed to before. I don’t know why but it seems to be easier/cleaner looking and all around less stressful.
This shawl was a bit of a challenge keeping track of the rows and stitch count overall. There was lots of frogging and reknitting.
(Eta: the whole paragraph that apparently got deleted in the picture upload process)
I took a short break from knitting and decided to do a bit of dyeing. It’s been a while since I’ve hit the dye pots and I managed to land me some silk/rayon blend for a sweater but the catch is I needed to use fiber reactive dyes on it per the ratio of fibers. The silk is unknown but the rayon is from bamboo. Slowly I worked out a steely blue color, but once rinsed it changed colors.
It went to a very light greenish gray. I ended up overdyeing it multiple times until I got something I considered reasonably pretty.
The merino was only too easy. I managed to get a brand new dedicated dyeing crock pot for $20 at target and had to test it out.
(I have no idea how to turn that picture around lol )
Anyways, I think I have my winter knitting all set up and I’ll be busy when the colder weather hits. If only fall would get here quicker. At least September is right around the corner.